Boyd Lake State Park in Loveland, Colo. officially kicked off the spring-summer boating season on March 6 with the opening of its boat ramp, Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) announced.
CPW says more campground and boat ramp openings will be coming in the next few weeks at its Northeast Region parks and state wildlife areas.
Aquatic nuisance species (ANS) inspection station hours at Boyd Lake State Park will run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. during March, and then 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in April and then 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. from May through the remainder of the summer.
Colorado State Park 2020 openings
- Barr Lake State Park
- Boat ramps: April 4
- Chatfield State Park
- Boat ramps: No established opening date
- Cherry Creek State Park
- Boat ramps: No set opening date
- Jackson Lake State Park
- Boat ramp: March 15
- Northern campgrounds: April 1
- Jumbo Reservoir State Wildlife Area
- Boat ramp: April 17
- North Sterling State Park
- Boat ramps: March 14
- South campgrounds: March 27
- Swim beach: May 15
- St. Vrain State Park
- Coot, Kestrel, and Pelican campgrounds: Now open
Learn more about boating, camping, or other outdoor activities at Colorado State Parks at cpw.state.co.us.